Last week’s Greenbuild International Conference & Expo held in Chicago showcased some great ideas coming out of the green building industry. Are you looking for more ways to go green? Check out some of these green building ideas discussed at Greenbuild 2010:
- Daylighting or harnessing the light generated by the sun as a light source through skylights and more.
- Placing more emphasis on conserving rather than consuming (even green products) with practices such as retrofitting.
- VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints and finishes generated sustainably.
- Air conditioning systems that rely on the cooling properties of ice and the power-generating capabilities of the solar heating.
- Using air-tight and insulating structural integrated panels (SIPs) for building.
Learn about more topics discussed at Greenbuild 2010.