How to Build a Wooden Garage Storage Wall
Posted On December 28, 2012
One of the most valuable aspects of a home is ample storage space, and installing wooden shelving in your garage is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to add extra storage space to your home. By adding wooden shelving in your garage, you will be amazed at the amount of floor space that you have to actually park your car! Reclaim your garage today by following these easy step-by-step instructions below courtesy of The Family Handyman:
Tools and Materials That You’ll Need:
- Cordless drill
- Tape measure
- Framing square
- One 8 foot 2×2 board (diagonal pieces of the shelf supports from these)
- Two 8 foot 1×4 boards (shelf decking and side parts of supports)
- Three 8 foot 2×4 boards (vertical posts)
- 200 2 inch nails
- 250ml Wood Glue
- Refer to the basic profile of the garage shelves and cut all of your wooden frame parts to length. Also, use the profile to mark where the rails will be screwed in.
- Put the framing square on the floor to ensure that each frame is properly squared up and aligned. Referring to the profile, assemble the frames of the shelving.
- Using a helper, stand the frames up and install the shelves.
- Screw each unit of the shelving into the wall using construction screws.
- If you are planning on using slide-out bins in your shelving, install cleats.
Be sure to stop by Schutte Lumber for all of your woodworking needs!
(Image via Get Set Organize)