Installing a Wall-Mount Flag Staff
Posted On May 26, 2011
Memorial Day is an excellent opportunity to proudly display your American flag. Show support for our nation and our men and women in uniform by install a wall-mount flagpole. Not only it is great for Memorial Day and the 4th of July, the flagpole can display decorative flags for numerous holidays, seasons, and events.
- Place the bracket on the designated location and outlines the screw holes using a pencil. Remove the bracket.
- Pre-drill holes in the marked areas. If you have a brick home, use a masonry bit and create the hole directly into the brick. Avoid the mortar. It is not advisable to drill into vinyl siding. Instead, locate a wooden post, trim, or column where you can mount your flag staff.
- Once the pre-drilled holes are finished, squeeze a bit of caulk into each hole. (This will minimize water damage.) Position the bracket over the holes and proceed to secure the bracket using 1 1/4” steel screws. For brick homes, it is recommended to use stainless steel or plastic anchors for a better hold.
- If the bracket does not seem sturdy, you may want to use longer screws.
- Insert your flag of choice and enjoy!
Image by Steven W. Belcher