Lumber and Millwork Can Make an Easy-to-Build Bar
Posted On October 12, 2013
Are you ready to start a new woodworking project but not sure if you have the talent and technique? New trends in lumber and millwork can help with all your woodworking ideas.
Traditional Basement by Oakville Interior Designers & Decorators Chic Decor & Design, Margarida Oliveira via Houzz
With the holidays right around the corner how about building a great looking bar perfect for entertaining? The simple steps listed below make it so easy!
- Depending on the size, much of the required lumber comes precut so that very minor modifications are needed. First, lay out the three sides and then cut and attach the sheathing. Next, comes the corner stiles, the front stiles, the front railings and the molding.
- Then install the shelf cleats. Built the bar walls and then place the shelving units on the cleats.
- Size and install the bar top base then attach the finished bar top. Miter the bar molding and dry fit it around the bar top edge.
- Now all that’s left is to install the foot rail brackets and then the actual foot railing.
- After construction is complete it’s up to you if you stain or paint your holiday masterpiece!
What other woodworking projects can Schutte Lumber help you with? Come visit us in person or here online.